Pages

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Five Book Signings in Five Days

My second book, HERE WITH ME, hit the shelves on Tuesday and I hit the roads on Wednesday and didn’t stop until Sunday afternoon. I’m exhausted but I can’t think of a better way to spend time than at a bookstore, meeting readers. Family and friends were there, of course, buying multiple copies. What are you going to do with all those books?

Fans of STAY WITH ME, the first book of the series, who were anxious to read the next story, were actually waiting for me at one store. What fun that was. The bookseller had a rather anxious look on her face when I arrived with just minutes to spare.

New readers, ones who’d heard about the book signing on the local radio or in the local paper were great, too. The most challenging, of course, were the unsuspecting shoppers who just happened to be walking past the bookstore. They had no intention of buying a book and I had no intention of letting them leave until I’d given it my best shot. I lured them in with a bookmark and a free notepad and more times than not, before they got away from my table, they had a book tucked under their arm. I convinced one very nice woman and her husband that they absolutely had to buy my book for her mother for Christmas when I discovered her mother had the same first name as one of my characters.

Really, everyone was great. I’m looking forward to next weekend when I do it all over again. For more information on my book signing schedule, visit www.beverlylong.com and check out the monthly contest, too.

1 comment:

Donna D said...

Congratulations! What a great start for a new book.