Pages

Saturday, September 02, 2006

WWW member Donna Druchunas: Book Tour for Arctic Lace

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that my second book, Arctic Lace is finally coming out on October 1st. Thanks to all the WWW members and the group to a whole for helping me make it through the journey of conceptualizing, researching, and writing this book!

Here are a couple of places where you can see Arctic Lace and hear me talk about the process of researching, writing, and designing the knitting projects:

Sept. 10, 2006
Fort Collins, Colorado
Knit Wear
As part of ArtWear Fashion Week 2006, KnitWear will celebrate the world of knitting. We invite you to join us for this Knitting Extravaganza! Pre-publication celebration for Arctic Lace at the Lincoln Center Canyon West Room, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m

Sept. 29, 30 and Oct.1, 2006
Anchorage, Alaska
Yarn Expo III
Join me along with my publisher Deborah Robson at Yarn Expo III’s Sunday vendor market as we debut Arctic Lace. Oomingmak knitters will also be on hand to autograph the book. I will present a slide show detailing how the book was researched. Deb and I will also be teaching workshops from Arctic Lace, The Knitted Rug, and Knitting in the Old Way.

My full schedule is on my website.

2 comments:

Teresa Bodwell said...

Wow, Donna this book sounds fascinating.

Donna D said...

Thanks Teresa. It was really fun doing all the research. Looking forward to seeing you post about your projects, too.