Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Join me at a Denver garden book event!


If any of you Denver-area writers are in a gardening mood this Saturday (April 7th), come by Tattered Cover Bookstore in Highlands Ranch (9315 Dorchester Street, between Lucent Drive and Broadway in the Highlands Ranch Town Center) from 1:30 - 3:00 p.m. I'm part of an "expert panel" of garden book writers including Angela Overy (Sex in the Garden) and Dave Wann (The Zen of Gardening in the High and Arid West) there to answer your questions about playing with plants in our challenging environment. The point is to sell books, of course, but I'd be happy to see any and all of you whether you buy books or not.

Speaking of gardening, the spinach and Mesclun lettuce mix I planted in my kitchen garden last fall survived the winter (under row covers and some serious snow) and are now happily producing early greens. And the tomatoes and basil I seeds I started inside three weeks ago are growing apace; they're nearly ready to transplant to larger pots. The daffodils are blooming and we saw the first mountain bluebird today, blue as a chip of sky fallen to earth. Spring is here!

Susan J. Tweit -- check out my blog at http://communityoftheland.blogspot.com/

No comments: