Pages

Monday, December 18, 2006

Riehl to Speak on Writers in the Sky Podcast

Thanks to a reader who enjoyed my book, "Sightlines: A Poet's Diary," a down-home family love story beyond death, I learned about Yvonne Perry's Writers in the Sky podcast and was invited to be her guest.

We've taped the interview in two parts and it will appear on January 12th, 2007. Yvonne is a dynamic interviewer. In the first part, we spoke about the inspiration for "Sightlines," the writing process, and I read a poem from each of the five sections of the three people and two places that I love.

In the second part, I spoke frankly about publishing my book through the author-services company, iUniverse, which I consider a hybrid option for getting your work before the public--in-between traditional publishing channels and traditional self-publishing.

To learn how to connect to the Writers in the Sky podcast and hear an audio clip as I talk about my father as an inspiration for my writing and read the poem "Scribbler," dedicated to him, you can go to http://yvonneperry.blogspot.com/ or my website www.sightlinesbook.com.

Hope your in the room while I'm reading and discussing my poetry of love, loss, and discovery.

Best wishes and greetings from Janet Grace Riehl

No comments: